Human First's internship program provides undergraduate and graduate level students hands on experience working with individuals with a variety of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Under the supervision of one of our senior psychologists, interns are able to develop advanced clinical skills while working with culturally diverse populations and receiving expert guidance from highly trained staff.
Our interns assist with:
- Crisis services and group counseling;
- Developmental and outreach programming;
- Vocational/behavioral assessment;
- Behavioral program development, including implementing individualized service plans to achieve valued outcomes.
In their roles, interns must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to effectively analyze, synthesize, interpret, communicate, and present data – both verbally an in writing;
- The ability to comprehend regulatory standards, policy and criteria to clearly articulate health information;
- Successful team collaboration and the ability to work independently;
- Self-motivation and leadership skills to ensure that all behavioral objectives are met
- Patience, empathy and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including Word and Excel;
- A genuine passion for working with individuals with special needs
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including Word and Excel.
- An official letter showing proof of enrollment in ABA or Psychology or Community Health program that requires internship participation
- Copy of school transcript
- Two reference letters (one personal, one professional) with original signatures;
- Current curriculum vitae
Proper form of identification (e.g. a NY or School ID).
For more information please contact Tiera Smalls, HR Recruiter, at 516-823-9500 ext. 255 or by email email@example.com.